EPIC server commands,....need help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EPIC server commands,....need help.

Post by [McN]KABOEM on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:42 pm

Hee peeps, I need your help with Epic server RCON commands.
I have one for you for client grapple,...."/bind key +button5".
What I would like to know is what is the RCON command for ex_joust in EPIC?
For some reason I can't get it to work . Sad
The reason I ask this is that Liz wants a CTF server and on the space maps it is handy to have ex_joust enabled.
I hope someone can help.
Regards, Kabs.

EDIT:
I am talking about Tricky Ninja's server version 2, so just that you know.

Last edited by [McN]KABOEM on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:02 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Extra info)
[McN]KABOEM
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: EPIC server commands,....need help.

Post by [McN]*MaGiK* on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:12 am

Im quite sure its not rcon command.
In Excessiveplus ex_joust is turned on or off depending on server.cfg (enabled in plus.cfg and disabled in excessive).
[McN]*MaGiK*
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [McN]*MaGiK* on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:21 am

So it seems that multijump possibility needs to be build in mod.
So it shouldnt be possible in default Quake 3 or mods that dont have it build in.
E+ has it, and i found out that old pants excessive has it also.
Im not sure if Epic is build on base of excessive.
But if it is, you should add this line into server.cfg :

seta ex_joust "0"

If it doesnt work im affraid it cant be done.
[McN]*MaGiK*
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [McN]KABOEM on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:50 am

We used it often in Excessive I remember that, but I remember using it in Epic too but just an other command like /rcon set g_E_ex_joust 1 or something like that.
Perhaps I am mistaken and confuse some other command for Epic and the old Excessive.
Weird though, because I was so sure I have done it in the past that I told Liz Epic has ex_joust too.
So if indeed it doesn't have it than perhaps it should be written into the source code straight away.
Thanks for clearing things up Magik. Very Happy
[McN]KABOEM
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [McN]KABOEM on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:52 am

B.t.w., writing it in the server.cfg doesn't do anything either.
[McN]KABOEM
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [McN]*MaGiK* on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:20 am

i dont know know then:(
[McN]*MaGiK*
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [McN]KABOEM on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:15 pm

[McN]*MaGiK* wrote:i dont know know then:(

No worries bro. Very Happy
Lizzy's server runs just in the evenings and sometimes during the day.
I runs on an old P3 laptop but dedicated.
It is only a test CTF server for now because Liz is tweaking it to her liking. (shotgun much stronger and grapple high speed enabled for example)
The laptop has only 128 Megs of Ram and a P3 667 MegaHertz cpu so don't expect to much of it.
The reason why it runs only some 6 hours at the time is because it has Windows 98 on it and not protected at all to hack attacks.
The server is called McNutty_CTF and IP is 84.106.12.60 and port is default 27960.
We have that port opened on our router and the LAN IP what goes with the server.
The server start command is; "quake3 +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 27960 +set sv_pure 1 +set fs_game Epic +exec server.cfg".
Just to give you an idea.
We hope to see some of you on Liz her CTF-server one of these days if you have some time to spare.
Still a shame there is no ex_joust, but well at least there is a grapple to save us in the space maps.
Now be good. Very Happy
[McN]KABOEM
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [McN]KABOEM on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:39 pm

Lizzy's CTF server now runs 24/7 on a Raspberry Pi server.
It is not the fastest but it runs.
For info on the Raspberry-Pi look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi
The IP is: 84.106.12.60 Port: 27960
It has only 4 maps so it will get boring after a while.
I have seen CTF servers running normal FFA standard maps but with a flag in it, my point is it was server side so no downloading for your Quake3 client!.
I would like to know how they did it but I have not found the information on the internet yet. Sad
If you know please tell me!
[McN]KABOEM
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [McN]*Crashy* on Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:33 am

[McN]KABOEM wrote:Lizzy's CTF server now runs 24/7 on a Raspberry Pi server.
It is not the fastest but it runs.
For info on the Raspberry-Pi look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi
The IP is: 84.106.12.60 Port: 27960
It has only 4 maps so it will get boring after a while.
I have seen CTF servers running normal FFA standard maps but with a flag in it, my point is it was server side so no downloading for your Quake3 client!.
I would like to know how they did it but I have not found the information on the internet yet. Sad
If you know please tell me!

I saw this server. But cannot connect there. I have the same message when i tried to join Beer freezer and ! !FTAG ERA RAIL QLinsta v1.8 servers This message Invalid game folder I dunno what the hell is that. Sad Evil or Very Mad

P.S.
We with [McN]Asshunter trying to test your server 23th February. He can connect there without any problems.
[McN]*Crashy*
Advanced
Advanced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [McN]KABOEM on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:20 pm

Nice to hear you and Asshunter tried to play there Very Happy
I think the "Invalid game folder" warning comes from the server pure setting in the server.cfg.
It was set to "1" and then the server checks your files on your client computer and if they are different it will kick you because of cheating.
Problem is that Quake3 Arena is soooo old now and there have been many mods and changes made by many people that most people are not cheaters but have many extra's installed that weren't there when the "anticheat" setting serverpure 1 was created.
Although it helps getting rid of people who use glasswalls in their maps, it also stops non cheating long time players with E+ etc installed.
That is why I now changed the serverpure into "0" otherwise hardly anyone can get in.
Crashy if you still can't get in please tell me.
By the way, I tried to play on your server when it was running some time ago and I had the same problem,.....I got kicked too. Sad
You might have your server pure 1 too I think.
Chances are that you have E+ installed and that means your Quake3 is different because Liz her server is old stile Q3, and I have also old stile Q3 and that is different from your Quake3 with E+ server.
Anyway, the setting server pure 0 should cure that.

Last edited by [McN]KABOEM on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot word)
[McN]KABOEM
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [McN]*Crashy* on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:05 am

[McN]KABOEM wrote:Nice to hear you and Asshunter tried to play there Very Happy
I think the "Invalid game folder" warning comes from the server pure setting in the server.cfg.
It was set to "1" and then the server checks your files on your client computer and if they are different it will kick you because of cheating.
Problem is that Quake3 Arena is soooo old now and there have been many mods and changes made by many people that most people are not cheaters but have many extra's installed that weren't there when the "anticheat" setting serverpure 1 was created.
Although it helps getting rid of people who use glasswalls in their maps, it also stops non cheating long time players with E+ etc installed.
That is why I now changed the serverpure into "0" otherwise hardly anyone can get in.
Crashy if you still can't get in please tell me.

By the way, I tried to play on your server when it was running some time ago and I had the same problem,.....I got kicked too. Sad
You might have your server pure 1 too I think.
Chances are that you have E+ installed and that means your Quake3 is different because Liz her server is old stile Q3, and I have also old stile Q3 and that is different from your Quake3 with E+ server.
Anyway, the setting server pure 0 should cure that.

Ok, thanks a lot Kaboem to explain me some tips.

About your server. Now all is OK for me and i can connect there 84.106.12.60:27960 Raspberry Pi server forever rulezzz!!!. Very Happy

Well, maybe Beer freezer and ! !FTAG ERA RAIL QLinsta v1.8 servers are has pure server option is switched on.

My server is not running under switched on pure option. But another players also was kicked for reason compatibility. You was not alone in this disaster. Some people can connect to my Epic-3 server but after long time of downloading. I tried to fix this problem. Dunno how but i try.

Yesterday i eliminate another problem with Epic-3 settings.

set g_E_con_notifytime 3

This can increase delay for disappearing consol messages. Where 3 is a digit which means time in seconds for delay messages on screen.
[McN]*Crashy*
Advanced
Advanced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top