[McN] Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto Racing 2012

2 posters

Go down

Auto Racing 2012 Empty Auto Racing 2012

Post by [McN]The_QuakR Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:01 pm

Last year I started two separate threads, one discussing the Formula One season and one for the NASCAR season, well this year I am opening up a thread for auto racing in general in 2012. Even if you are not so much into racing you can still get involved in the talk of course, which could be about F1, NASCAR, IndyCar, or Australian V8, or whatever. Many big league series will be kicking off soon and personally I am very excited about all that is to come this year.
[McN]The_QuakR
[McN]The_QuakR
Advanced
Advanced

http://www.thegamingtreasury.com

Back to top Go down

Auto Racing 2012 Empty Re: Auto Racing 2012

Post by [McN]Keeper Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:30 am

NHRA as well?
[McN]Keeper
[McN]Keeper
[McN]Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by [McN]The_QuakR Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:56 am

Anything Keeper. Hell, even motocross if that's what you're into. Wink

I'll start with some talk about NASCAR. Of course last year there was an epic battle for the championship in the Sprint Cup Series. Superstars Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards brought it down to literally the last point in the season, ending tied for the title. The championship went to Stewart because he had more wins during the course of the season (5) than Edwards (1).

This year I expect the Sprint Cup to be just as much a thrill as it was last year. The Camping World Truck Series is changing as well. One of that series big names, Kyle Busch, has withdrawn from racing in that series to focus on running part-time in the Nationwide Series, and to try to win the Cup championship. Still thinking about that moment back in the Truck Series race at Texas last year when Busch intentionally turned Ron Hornaday Jr. into the outside wall head-on under a caution flag.

Personally I think the two guys who have the best shot at the Cup title this year are Kevin Harvick and Carl Edwards. Twice now Edwards has finished runner-up for the championship, the first time was in 2008. And Harvick has now finished third in the points battle for two years in a row. They're both very hungry right now for that Sprint Cup.
[McN]The_QuakR
[McN]The_QuakR
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post by [McN]The_QuakR Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:57 am

The Daytona 500 last night was a wild one!! The race was supposed to start Sunday, but was delayed until 7:00 PM last night due to rain. Then a series of incidents during the race, but thankfully no injuries. Five time series champion Jimmie Johnson crashed out on lap 2 collecting David Ragan, Trevor Bayne, Kurt Busch, and Danica Patrick with him.

Then just before the halfway point in the race, four-time series champion Jeff Gordon blew his engine and had to retire. Then with 40 laps to go, former F1 driver Juan Pablo Montoya lost control of his car under caution and slammed right into one of the jet dryers on track. The collision erupted the jet fuel on the truck causing an inferno in turn three. The red flag was out for two hours as the fire was put out and the mess cleaned up. The race ended just before 1:00 AM this morning with 2009 winner Matt Kenseth taking the win ahead of 2004 winner Dale Earnhardt Jr. This has been an absolutely crazy start to the Sprint Cup season. What will happen next? Next week they're going to Phoenix International Raceway in Arizona, so will it start snowing at the track next week? Laughing
[McN]The_QuakR
[McN]The_QuakR
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post by [McN]Keeper Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:40 am

Holy Hell was that fun or what affraid
What a crazy week of racing. I think Greg Biffle was blocking Jr, I don't care what he says. He says he needed more space to get a run on Kenseth but I don't buy it.
[McN]Keeper
[McN]Keeper
[McN]Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by [McN]The_QuakR Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:58 am

I think Biffle was more so trying to protect his teammate Kenseth and ensure that Roush-Fenway Racing won the race, regardless of which driver it was. But Junior was at least still able to pass Biffle and take second.
[McN]The_QuakR
[McN]The_QuakR
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum